"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moments of Gratitude

I look so forward to 5-6 pm every night when i get to see one of my most favorite parts of Grenada...The sunset. The colors are so beautiful and i find such solitude when i look up and see the ocean in the distance.

I have had alot of time to myself the past week. Often down time brings thoughts of homesickness, loneliness and frustration. But when i begin to feel these emotions i know the one place i need to be is on my veranda enjoying the view and beauty of the tropics. My neighbors sometimes ask if i ever leave that seat because every time they see me I'm there in dream land. I find myself looking to the sky remembering all the people that are up there looking down on me and probably creating that beautiful sunset. My great grandma Doherty who was such inspiration, my hard nosed Grandfather who told me to follow my dreams and my dear friend Janet whose life ended to soon. Its moments like these you realize how short life can be, but also how fulfilling and wonderful the memories can become. I hope one day when I'm up in those beautiful clouds someone remembers me as the person that never was to quick to appreciate the small things, did everything she could for her country, lived life as a hardworking humanitarian and was never to busy to laugh.



1 comment:

  1. Yup, the new template is rockin and I love the view you have of St. Pauls! Thanks for sharing OUR sunsets!

    ReplyDelete