"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Corpus Christi

Last Thursday was a public holiday here in Grenada. This time of year seems to bring alot of those for some reason. I assume because school is almost out and no one wants to work. Or maybe that's just me. Either way, Corpus Christi was Thursday, which has something to do with rain and the crops, yada yada.

A few of us volunteers took it upon ourselves to have a relaxing day aboard the Starwinds catamaran, cruising up the west side of the island and anchoring in Flamingo Bay. While anchored in Flamingo Bay we were able to swim in the water, jump on an inflatable trampoline and snorkel. In my year and some months of being in Grenada, no day tops this day when it comes to absolute beauty. Laying on a raft in the middle of the Caribbean sea, cold drink in hand and friends around was hands down one of the coolest things I have done here. I made sure my snorkeling friends ensured there were no little creatures swimming around me in the water before I got in. Hey, I don't like creatures people!

I can't wait to go on another one of these cruises with friends. It was absolute bliss after a stressful few weeks. ONE WEEK OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!!!!!! Not that I'm counting...





No comments:

Post a Comment