"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quotes of the Day

Today in my Reading Resource Room I was working with some children on phonics. My classroom is right next to the Grade 1 classroom and if you weren't already aware, first graders are realllllly loud. The school is so open that you can hear just about every movement in the school at any point in time. The Grade 1 classroom was working on using "I am", "We are" and "The ____ is" sentences. I started listening in just in time for this:

"Miss Miss Miss....We are the WORLD!"

It was the most beautiful thing I had seen all day. She was dead serious and so proud of herself. haha. I just hugged her and giggled inside.

THEN...I'm walking to the bus stop with some of my students. Almost all of my students had gotten on a bus except three little ones who were gonna ride with me up the road. The oldest girl in the group, maybe about 8 says:

"Miss, how yuh get so fat?"--child
*puzzled look*-me
"Um, Ive lost 30 pounds since Ive been here"-me
"You ate to much food in America?"--child


I love my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment