"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Janet's Memory

It's a down day for me here in Grenada. I want to be home today. With my friends, specifically one friend. Two short years ago today I lost a great friend, Janet, to suicide. I'm not here to have a political or ideological debate about suicide and frankly that isn't what today is about, its about remembering my friend.

I'm simply sitting here in my room in solitude, staring at the ocean out my window, imagining where my friend is today. Is she pain free? Is she happy? Is she proud of me? I hope she is all of these things and though she isn't here with us today, she is always in my heart and on my mind. I have been reminiscing about times with her all day. Getting kicked out of intramural basketball, dorm days, writing emails back and forth while she was in Iraq, party nights in Pittsburg and all the times in between.

She was a good friend whose life was cut to short. RIP Janet.

"The Freedom to Roam"



No comments:

Post a Comment