"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Moments of Gratitude #3

I'm sitting on my veranda this afternoon, as I usually do every night. Its my moment of relaxation to collect my thoughts of the day and prepare for tomorrow. I love to people watch and my house sits perfect into the side of hill so that I can see everyone that drives by. I can hear the honks of passing buses, children skipping to the bakery and of course the ridiculous sound of goats.

I have this particular neighbor goat that sounds like a baby crying when he "baaaaaa's". Not only does he have a childish sounding scream, but he is a MASSIVE billy goat. Huge black body, tongue as long as a snake and scary looking horns. I'm thinking he could do some damage, but the minute he opens his mouth it makes me laugh.

Today as Im sitting on my veranda admiring the Sea in the distance. Mr. Billy goat decided to jump through the bush and sit on the side of the road, unalarmed by the buzzing cars. A man comes walking down the road and notices the billy goat clearly to close to oncoming traffic and decides to stop for a conversation with Mr. Billy Goat. I watch as he tries to shuuuu him off the road...its not working. Then all of a sudden I hear "Yo boi, ya dunce, get out dah road boi". In English that translates to "Yo boy, ya dumb? Get out of the road". I couldn't help but laugh at this point, as Mr. Billy Goat was obviously not concerned with this gentleman. He just stood there baaaaaaaa-ing at the guy.

Sadly, the guy gave up, threw his hands in the air and kept walking, leaving me chuckling for the next 5 minutes. AHHHH I love Grenada.



This is where Mr. Billy Goat is SUPPOSED to stay. He decided he liked the road much better today.

Mr. Billy Goat hiding in the bush.

2 comments: