"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Power of Bluntness

We went to a party on the beach today since its Easter Monday and we had the day off. I went with my host mom and some of her family. We had a great time grilling, eating, swimming and flying kites. I was swimming in the sea when i met a little girl named Sky. She was 6 years old and in the 1st grade. After talking to her for a while her friend ran up to us and the conversation went something like this:

Lexi: "Sky what are you doing?"

Sky: "I'm talking to miss" (aka me)

Lexi: "Why you talking to her? You like white people or something?"


I was slightly caught off guard at first, but after i processed it i really giggled about the conversation. Lexi was also a snappy little 6 year old who was going to speak her mind. She did just that, and gave me a great laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment