"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cause of death today: Inhaler!

Ive decided that if im going to die, its going to be in a beautiful country, so why not Grenada?!?! Now, this is a total joke, so everyone RELAX! But really, after the King iguana incident yesterday i figured that was my one scare for the week, but man was i wrong...

I get up this morning with intentions of walking to work today. The other volunteers sometimes tease me about the fact i have to talk myself into walking long distances, but then again, they are all teeny boppin things with no real Midwest meat on them. But none the less, the walk to work is about 3 miles and not quite on the flatest land of all time. So as im getting dressed im thinking of the correct outfit to wear today, thinking of what to eat for lunch (thats practical right?) and what i need to get accomplished today. As i finish getting ready i remember that i should take a puff of my inhaler before i leave, to ensure that i dont pass out on the side of the road, only to be the butt of every Grenadian joke for the next century. "Dude some white girl passed out on the side of the road today." Yea...not the headline im looking for here.

So i am searching frantically for this dumb inhaler and finally find it farrrrr down in the bottom of some random bag. Of course i wouldnt keep a life saving device in close range, its just how i work. I go to take two puffs, in a hurry, and literally INHALED a balled up gum wrapper. Now if you have never used an inhaler then you cant quite understand how serious this was. I could of died! haha. I inhaled the darn thing, causing me to choke while gasping for air. I thought i had swallowed a rock and was thinking of how ridiculous this would be for a cause of death, but low and behold, i coughed it back up.

After two days of near death experiences (call me dramatic), ive decided my life is just one big drama, with each day being a new episode. So i hope you guys are in for a great show that will probably win a Grammy, no biggie.


This is what an inhaler SHOULD look like...

This is how i almost died...

2 comments:

  1. Can you hear me? I'm saying tsk, tsk, all the while I am shaking my head....... I say it's a sign you should never chew gum again. Shrugs.....I mean who knew it could be so dangerous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those inhalers supposed to have little caps on them so that objects like gum wrappers don't get lodged in them and kill you?!! Who knew those were so important. I know I didn't. Whew. You should try to keep your near death experiences to maybe just one a week so that maybe you come back one day. Although I don't know if I would count your iguana "attack" as a near death experience.

    ReplyDelete