"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas in Missouri

I have no valuable excuse as to why my blog is way behind besides telling you I was having a freakin' BLAST in America. Yes, America. That big hunk of a country that melts my heart and leaves me feeling rejuvenated after living on a tiny island for two years. Yes, that one. But when I say America, I really mean the HEART of America, sweet beautiful little Missouri. The hills, the trees, the blistering cold weather, the overly Republican neighbors and community meetings at Walmart. I missed it all, and from December 19th-January 11th, I was able to appreciate everything American, like these things...


My doggies, Jack and Jenna. They are the best cuddle buddies.


Buffalo Wild Wings, because I can't survive without it. And Coors Light.

Family dinners around the table. I made this mean lasagna.


Christmas lights at Silver Dollar City.


Spending time with my beautiful niece Allison, who taught me how to play Dance Revolution.

Straight friends in drag. It doesn't get much better than that...

Seeing the tornado destruction and this beautiful memorial for the first time was heartbreaking.

Spending New Years Eve together with the people I love dearly.



No comments:

Post a Comment