"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm so sore I can't move...

After rigorous fundraising, planning and implementing we have started our school murals project at St. Paul's Government School today. I successfully carried three gallons of paint on the bus and up the hill to my school this morning. That is only the beginning of my soreness.

The principal and teachers at my school decided on an underwater scene for the corridor walls from kindergarten to 3rd grade. It will have lots of fish, crabs, shells and even a pirate ship, all equipped with math facts and word families to inspire kids to want to learn. I'm very excited to start the drawing and painting of the scene and hope everything works out perfect. I can only hope right?

Today we scrubbed the walls (enter soreness here), taped off the corners and applied the first coat of primer to the wall. We hope by putting a base coat of primer we allow the colors to be brighter and stand out more. After this coat we will be applying the sea blue color and then pencil sketching the drawing on to the wall.

Things are moving slowly, but since getting paint on the walls I can feel things speeding up a bit. I'M EXCITED!!!!!

Before picture, with tape job complete

One part of the wall

Primer complete!

Looking good.

The entire hallway that will be painted

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great concept. Good thing I'm not involved, cuz the minimalist in me would just leave the primer as is :) Looking forward to more photos!

    ReplyDelete