"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Monday, July 19, 2010

Scary Dude

I'm comfortably sound asleep in my bed when I'm awoken by a tap on my window. I violently roll over and see its 5:15 am, WHY is some scary man tapping on my window? I go into fight or flight and decide to remain completely still and observe the situation. He walks back and forth past my window, pausing a few times and moving on again. I hear noise in my living room that sounds like a door knob jiggling. I knew he couldn't get in my house as I have burglar bars and bolt locks, but what am I to do? I get up out of bed half asleep and turn my light on to see if he will startle and run, but nothing happens. Grabbing my phone I was determined to call my landlord upstairs:

"Mrs. Gabriel?"
"Yes Mackenzie, whats wrong?!?!"
"Sorry to bother so early, but there is a man outside my window"
"No way, let me get some clothes on and look downstairs"
"He is right outside my bedroom window"
"Oh honey...that's just Andrew, he is sweeping the grass off the walkway"

You might ask who is Andrew? He is my landlords son. He was sweeping the grass off the walkway at 5:15 am this morning. The tap on my window was him brushing off the grass he blew on it while mowing. I thought he was a robber here to destroy my life. I was prepared to die.

I was way wrong...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that made me laugh. It wouldn't have made me laugh if I would have been in your situation but since it wasn't, what a great story. So Andrew, why are you brushing off the grass at 5:30 in the morning and why were you jiggling my door handle.

    ReplyDelete