"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." --Henry David Thoreau


"Service is the rent we pay for being, It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time."

--Marion Wright Edelman


"The fruit of love is SERVICE. The fruit of service is PEACE" --Mother Teresa

Monday, May 10, 2010

Grrr

I was so excited to find taco seasoning on the clearance rack today while going to the supermarket. I had set my mind on coming home and making some chicken tacos with all the fixin's. I had the beans, rice and chicken going when POOF! out went the gas. I looked at the burners and thought you have GOT to be kidding me, but it wasnt kidding. We dont have the nice gas lines that run into houses with endless supply like in the States. We have propane tanks in the cabinet that run out. Then you have to unhook them, take them on public transportation then lug them back to ur house. Its a wonderful process. I had half cooked rice, still hard beans and chicken that was not edible. I had just finished the homemade tortillas and cut the veggies. NOW what was i gonna do? I brainstormed as we have been taught in these situations and figured veggie tacos it was, since i had my mind set on tacos. Maybe this is my sign from upstairs that i really was made to be vegatarian in the Peace Corps...

3 comments:

  1. It might be the chicken. Try some kittens when they're on the rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you could eat most of it :) You could have started a fire out back, LOL.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, oh mack, just come to the veggie side :) even the lord almighty is giving you not so subtle hints

    ReplyDelete